1. Let me make an exception for you.
2. Let me do some research for you.
3. What would be the best way for me to follow up with you?
4. If I had those values, I would agree with you.
5. What outcome would be optimal in this situation?
6. Is there anything else?
7. If you’re of two minds, what are each one of them telling you?
8. Would you like to hear a suggestion about this?
9. That triggered the following thought for me…
10. I sense you have something more to say about this…
11. Mmm. Tough problem.
12. You know, if I were in your spot, I think I might. Do you think that might work for you?
13. I have a hunch about what may be going on. Let me lay it out and see what you think. Does that fit?
14. Is what I heard what you meant?
15. Are you interested in a second opinion?
16. Have you definitely decided to…
17. We are using different sets of values.
18. What have you already tried?
19. What would it take to get you to…?
20. What options have you thought about trying?
21. Is that your direct personal experience, or are you quoting someone else?
22. What is the basis for your thinking?
23. You must feel hurt about that.
24. You’re raising an important issue.
25. Interesting point! Whose figures are those?
26. Interesting point! How recent are those figures?
27. What do we need to talk about?
28. How can be prepared for our talk?
29. You’re right. I don’t understand. Would you be willing to help me understand?
30. Is this a good time to talk?
31. Do you mind if I ask you a question?
32. Yes, that is a problem. So, how are we going to resolve it?
33. Here’s what I observed…