1. Morning pages. Sets the creative stage for your entire day. Learn how to do this HERE.
2. Making lots of lists. The ultimate (scientific) practice for organizing your ideas. Learn why lists are so important HERE.
3. Reading for at least 15 minutes. Because writers are readers. Period.
4. Writing down ideas, scraps, quotes, one-liners and other notes. Because if you don’t write it down, it never happened.
5. Journaling in some way, shape or form. You MUST capture your thoughts. Learn the nine types of journaling HERE.
6. Have a daily appointment with yourself. It’s the most important appointment you’ll have all day! Learn how to craft your daily appointment HERE.
7. Create some form of art, first thing in the morning. Doesn’t have to be good, it just has to get done.
8. Exercise. It’s called ‘Solvitas Perambulatorum,’ and scientifically, it WILL increase your creative output. Learn why it works HERE.
9. Interact. With other creative people, that is. Whether it’s on the phone, online or in person, creative people need to be around other creative people. They’re the only other people who will understand what you’re going through.