1. What happens when someone googles your name? A million hits? A hundred hits? Zero hits? Your articles? You blog? Your horrible MySpace page with all those pictures of you getting drunk with that soccer team from Brazil? The Internet’s forever.
2. What happens when someone googles your company name? If it doesn’t show up, you’re in trouble. Because if you don’t exist on Google, you don’t exist. Do you exist?
3. What happens when someone googles your product’s name? Do message boards, threads and online discussions about how crappy your product is immediately bombard them? Yikes. Show your boss.
4. What happens when someone googles your email address? This is just kind of a neat exercise. Try it now.
5. What happens when someone googles your phone number? Another neat exercise that has no purpose. Go for it.
6. What has to happen for your website to be the first hit on Google? Do you have to pay thousands of dollars in Adwords and sponsored links? Do you have to blog every day? Be more googleicious.
7. How many Google Alerts do you have? Your name. Your company name. Your product name. Your competitor’s name. The list goes on and on. Get them today.
8. When was the last time you googled your own business? Never? Really? Are you NUTS? Stop reading. Google.
9. When was the last time you Googled a word or idea? Kind of cool to see what comes up immediately. Almost like an instant barometer or ‘pulse’ or the word. Hooray for Google!
10. Have you googled it first? It’s a generational thing. But the moment you get any idea or thought, always google it. You never know. Google everything first.
11. What has to happen for your website to be the first TEN hits on Google? Writing? Writing? Writing? Maybe try writing?